Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week 7

What do you, individually, still need to know and understand in order to tier (differentiate) a lesson of your own choosing?

Last Thursday's class was exactly what I needed! Several of my classes throughout the program have stressed the importance of differentiating for our students' many different needs. However, I've never actually seen it be done. I LOVED the lesson and it was so refreshing to actually see it be done and experience it. I'd love to see and explore more examples of differentiation through readiness. I'd also like to learn more about the process you went through while choosing who to put in each group. What did you look for? How did you decided a group for all 30 + students? You seemed to be right on too! Everyone was comfortable in their groups and able to contribute. I'd like to learn more about how to divide the groups and to be as spot on as you were!

Thank you for all the time and energy you put into that lesson!

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Thank you for those comments. The good news is that because you recognized that I had to make decisions and do the best I could, YOU will be able to do that, too. You only learn how to do it by trying it, seeing how it works out or not, tweaking, scrapping what doesn't work, starting all over again. We will try some "hands on" planning in the next couple of weeks... but in the end, you will basically teach yourself how to differentiate (or not... some will not every really try it. I think you will!). 4 points

States and Capitals

Parts of the Brain