Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Me!

1. What is your favorite book for kids… something you would like to use in your future classroom? Why do you like it? I love all of the Berenstain Bears books. There is pretty much a book for every lesson I would want to teach my students. I remember reading them as a child and loving them, and not even realizing they were all teaching me lessons. They are great books and I enjoy the pictures as well.

2. Name your three favorite T.V. shows, even if you don’t have time to watch them! What can you (or what are you willing to) tell me about your T.V. viewing habits? I’ll tell you mine if you’ll tell me yours!
  • I love The Office. I've never watched it on TV. I always have to catch up online or rent a season when I have time. It always makes me laugh and want to watch more!
  • I also love watching America's Funniest Home videos. My husband thinks I'm a nerd, but I just love it! It also makes me laugh all the time.
  • And third I love watching HGTV. Pretty much any show on that channel I like to watch with my mom when we get together.


3. Do you collect anything? Tell about your collections: I've collected movie tickets since I was in 5th grade. Every movie I've been to I have the ticket stub for from 5th grade to about two years ago. I eventually just quite caring. ha, I don't know why I started or stopped. :)
My husband LOVES The Simpsons. Anything Simpsons he loves. Whenever there is a claw game he has to check for Simpsons stuff, and if there is any he is determined to win it. Luckily he is really good at the claw games.

4. Do you keep any kind of a journal (or blog?) besides this one? Tell me about it, and what you like to write about: I have another blog. tylerandkara.blogspot.com I write about the different activities or events Tyler and I participate in. I post pictures and share stories about our lives.

5. If you had to be the sponsor of an after-school group, select your 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices:
_1_ contemporary moral issues _2_peer relationships
__national security __world peace
__career opportunities & choices __art or music appreciation
__gender issues __ethnicity issues
__death & dying _3_sports
__book club __writers group
__ecology __tutoring

6. Have you ever taken art lessons or attended art classes outside of school? Tell about your artistic talent and/or interests: I never attended an art class or received lessons. I enjoy doing crafts to decorate my apartment.

7. Have you ever taken music lessons or belonged to musical groups outside of school? Tell about your musical talent and/or interests: I took a keyboarding class one summer while I was in Elementary school. I took voice lessons for about a year when I was 13. I love to sing, but I'm not very good at it. ha! I love music.

8. Have you ever taken dance lessons or belonged to dance groups? Tell about your dance talent and/or interests:I took two beginner modern dance classes when I was in high school. I loved it!

9. Have you ever taken drama classes or performed in a theater production? Tell about your theater talents and/or interests: In my early teen years I took theater classes at the Hale Center Theater. That was probably my favorite extra curricular activity I did in my teen years along with track. I loved being on stage and being a character. And this unlike the above activities, I actually felt like I was pretty good at it. :)
10. What have I not asked you, that you would like me to know about you? Sports! :D In Jr. high every Tuesday and Thursday I would carpool with three other friends up to Midway for cross-country ski training at Soldier Hollow. Then most Saturdays there would be ski races where we would compete with other x-country ski teams. Doing this really boosted my self esteem. I made long lasting friends, got into amazing shape, and even me my husband on the ski team! It was hard work, but it was a blast at the same time.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

I enjoyed the photo of you and your husband. My one and only son-in-law is a "Tyler", too! Your movie ticket collection sounds fun, and I can imagine that your students will enjoy knowing about that! Teachers should have personal collections like that... kids can tell a lot about a teacher from the teacher's willingness to share things like that. 4 points

States and Capitals

Parts of the Brain